Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Fall Mantle: A La Natural





This fall I decided to skip the traditional fall colors and decorate with more natural tones. I love the soft creams and browns and the textures of the ghords, burlap pumpkins and vines that I used.A view down the mantle
I purchased the burlap pumpkins at the Hico Market last weekend and my friend Carol gave me the wonderful ghords from her garage sale stash!!
My wise old owl stands beside a vintage Thanksgiving postcard I found in a box of treasures at another garage sale.
Love the old mirror leaning on the wall.
One of my favorite little statues.


And my sweet angel that stands guard over it all! She is definitely one of my favorite things in my home. As sweet as she is, I know she cannot compare to what the Lord has in store for us with His angels in Heaven. I can't wait to see them face to face. What a glorious day that will be!!!

2 comments:

Janice said...

looking lovely... are you ready for some "DECORATING"? getting closer....

Brenda's Blog said...

Oh this is beautiful...I love the way you blended it all...GEORGEOUS!!! Keep the pics coming... Love them!!! ;0)
Hugs...Brenda