Thursday, February 9, 2012

Long Time, No Post!

Oh, I just hate it when that happens!! I have such good intentions to update my blog regularly and then "life happens". Going out of town, busy schedule, blah,blah,blah!!! Blogging just takes the backseat and then I get so behind , I just don't even want to try and catch up!  Any bloggers feel my pain here??? Well. sweet Brenda, at Brenda's Blog , told me she missed me in Blogworld, and that was the incentive I needed to start up again!! So, here goes!! One of the most fun things that has taken place this past month was a baby shower that Emily and I gave in honor of one of her best friends from middle school and high school. Stacy is having a precious little boy in March and we just needed to give this new momma a party!!

Doesn't she look darling???? These young women go waaaayyy back and they truly love each other like sisters!
The hostesses with Stacy
The centerpiece was a vintage baby scale that I had found at a garage sale with the intent of selling, but I have decided it is a keeper. Not only does it look cute with stuffed animals on top, but it also accomodates a 9x13  baking dish if you want to use it as a server.  Repurposing at its best!!  We also had some cute little duckies floating in the punch!
My personal favorite was this idea that Emily found on Pinterest.  We kind of did our own version as far as decorating the bags which we filled with popcorn and baby blue M&Ms. Everybody loved it! Emily also made some delicious cakepops on a stick that were a big hit, too.
So there you have it!! A sweet afternoon honoring a precious mom-to-be. Stacy, we love you and pray God's richest blessings on you , Garrett, and baby Isaiah.

2 comments:

Nancy @ Ella Elaine said...

How cute! The floating duckies are my favorite!
It is so fun to watch " the girls" growing up to be such beautiful women.

Brenda's Blog said...

I love it all...so glad to see you blogging again!!! Such adorable decorations and favors at the party! Such talent!!! Love your post! Thank you!!! (((Hugs))) Brenda