Monday, May 5, 2008

Rain,Rain,Go Away!!!!!

I know, we need rain,but I have to admit that today I prayed and even called people to pray that the rain would not begin until after 5:00 o'clock. Today was our third attempt for an outdoor wedding portrait before May 31st. Everything was in place...the nails, the toenails, the make-up, the hair and the bouquet. The weather forecast was in place,too, with a 40% chance of rain. It was very overcast, cool and misty as I ran errands this morning. I continued to pray and assured the bride-to-be that it was not going to rain before the pics were taken. Somehow I just had a peace that it would all work out. As I passed by a local church I read on the sign in front of the building "Prayer is not a form of crisis mangement!" Ok, I'm thinking "Lord, I talk to you all of the time about everything and I don't want this to seem like "crisis management", but PLEASE close the clouds until we get these pictures taken. " Somehow, I knew He would. We got to the beautiful location at 4:00pm and had two glorious hours of taking pics, laughing, and oohing and awwwing at the incredible surroundings. I was praising God the whole time for such beautiful weather. Even the photographer said it was perfect for pictures. Yes, it was overcast,cool and misty at times, but perfect. God is so good...all the time!

No comments: