Friday, May 2, 2008

Rollercoasters....

I have never liked rollercoasters! They scare me to death, make my legs shake uncontrollably, and cause me to start crying before they even move! Right now, I am on a rollercoaster that is going downhill at breakneck speed! You see, our youngest daughter is getting married on May 31st. All of a sudden, we are 4 weeks away from this glorious event and I want to slow down this roller coaster and enjoy every second of the weeks ahead. We are thrilled and blessed with the young man that God has brought into her life....no doubt, he's THE ONE, but we just want time to stand still for a little bit so we can enjoy every minute with her until we give her away on May 31st. Instead, the ride I am on is going 90 mph and whipping around corners like crazy. I close my eyes on Sunday night and it seems like I wake up on Saturday morning. Where oh where is the time going??? I was sharing my rollercoaster example with a friend of mine and she had some wonderful insight on the subject. She said that when one rides a rollercoaster, they can either become tense, grit their teeth and risk injuring their body from the strain and stress they place on it as they weather the ride OR they can relax, throw up their hands, go with the flow and enjoy the ride. Hmmm, I thought.....What insight! I can't stop the speed of this thing but I'm sure going to concentrate on enjoying this ride even if my legs are shaking and my eyes are teary! Thanks, Cindy!

1 comment:

mary said...

JoCarol, I love it!!!!! Oh, we are going to have fun - roller coasters and all!