Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Drought is Over!

Unfortunately, I am not talking about the Texas drought, but my own personal blogging drought! I think the heat has really played havoc on us Texans and I know my creative juices just came to a standstill this summer! Whether it was blogging, crafting, painting,cooking,etc, I just didn't have much motivation to do any of it. Much to my delight, I feel like the juices are starting to flow again and I am very thankful to feel the renewed energy. God has been teaching me some wonderful lessons during this time and I praise Him for that. A friend of mine suggested my reading a book called "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. It is a woman's journey of finding the daily gifts that God so abundantly gives us and keeping record of them in a journal. How often we miss the reality of these gifts because of business and self absorption. Yes, I am on my way to listing 1000.....it will be interesting to see how long that takes, but it is so fun to be aware of God's blessings (in the simplest of ways) everyday. No, the Texas drought is not over and we are ferverently praying for rain, but the showers have started in myheart to end the drought in my soul.

2 comments:

Nancy @ Ella Elaine said...

Alright!
You know it is a proven fact that it always rains at the end of a drought...
Have fun!!

mary said...

Beautifully said!